- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach or chopped Swiss chard
- calories 202
- fat 5 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 238 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove to plate, and keep warm.
Add next 4 ingredients (through apple slices) to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Return chicken and juices to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Add spinach to pan, and toss until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.