Apple and Spice Cookies
- 3 cups Rice Krispies®
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1. Stir together Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal, flour, soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together brown sugar and margarine on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites, mixing until smooth. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by level tablespoon into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Press with bottom of measuring cup dipped in sugar to 2 1/4-inches in diameter.
3. Bake at 350°F about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Go to http://www.ricekrispies.com for more recipes and nutrition information.
®, ™, © 2008 Kellogg NA Co
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts