Ok it wasn't the best cake, but it was very good! First off, I want to say that this was very tasty and smelled like nutmeg and cinnamon. The frosting was just perfect. I didn't have almost any left over after I was done. I did make a 9 inch cake though, not 8, and only 1 layer (of course it took longer to cook). Many tried it and loved it. I am deffinately making it again!
Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake's flavors are as show-stopping as its presentation. Decorate sides with chopped walnuts for a sensational look.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.31
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 871
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 101g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large apples, peeled and coarsely grated (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Make cake: Place a rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 8-inch round pans. Whisk together flour through salt. In a bowl, mix apples and sugar.
- Stir dry ingredients into apple mixture. Mix in eggs and oil. Divide batter between pans; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, 2 minutes. Reduce speed; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined, 2 minutes more.
- Place a cake layer on a platter; spread top with 1 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides and decorate with walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This