Ok it wasn't the best cake, but it was very good! First off, I want to say that this was very tasty and smelled like nutmeg and cinnamon. The frosting was just perfect. I didn't have almost any left over after I was done. I did make a 9 inch cake though, not 8, and only 1 layer (of course it took longer to cook). Many tried it and loved it. I am deffinately making it again!
Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake's flavors are as show-stopping as its presentation. Decorate sides with chopped walnuts for a sensational look.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.31
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 871
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 101g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large apples, peeled and coarsely grated (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Make cake: Place a rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 8-inch round pans. Whisk together flour through salt. In a bowl, mix apples and sugar.
- Stir dry ingredients into apple mixture. Mix in eggs and oil. Divide batter between pans; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, 2 minutes. Reduce speed; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined, 2 minutes more.
- Place a cake layer on a platter; spread top with 1 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides and decorate with walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note