APPLE SNACK CAKE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 00 00
- 00 00
- APPLE SNACK CAKE
- Many years ago, "snack cakes" were all the rage. They were quick to fix, usually rich flavored, moist and dense little cakes and they were almost always baked in an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan. They were perfect for... "snacking!!"
- This snack cake is over the top delicious. Three whole apples are packed into this cake, so you can imagine how moist it is. On day two (if there is any left) it is twice as moist!!
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan and preheat your oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy, add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and beat until smooth. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Mix (by hand) just until everything is well combined. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick tests clean (my oven took 43 minutes). Frost with simple vanilla glaze if you like (but it isn't necessary).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Anne42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
APPLE SNACK CAKE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings