APPLE SLICES WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PISTACHIOS
WHOLE FOODS RECIPE We asked our Whole Story blog readers to submit their best holiday appetizer for less than 50 cents each piece. Here's our favorite, from Jo R., who got her recipe printed in The Whole Deal value guide and received a $50 gift card. This simple-to-assemble appetizer features the winning combination of creamy goat cheese, tart apples, rich nuts and tangy ginger.
Yield: 24 servings ( Serving Size: Pieces )
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) Recipe Below
- 1/4 cup creamy goat cheese spread or fresh goat cheese
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 24 slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese onto the end of each apple slice and then arrange on a platter. Sprinkle cheese end with pistachios and candied ginger; serve. If not serving right away, to avoid browning, toss apples with a splash of lemon juice before assembly.
- Per serving (1 piece): 20 calories (5 from fat), 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 1g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mrmacrae73 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
APPLE SLICES WITH GOAT CHEESE AND PISTACHIOS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes