Apple Slices with Goat Cheese and Pistachios
We asked our Whole Story blog readers to submit their best holiday appetizer for less than 50 cents each piece. Here's our favorite, from Jo R., who got her recipe printed in The Whole Deal value guide and received a $50 gift card. This simple-to-assemble appetizer features the winning combination of creamy goat cheese, tart apples, rich nuts and tangy ginger. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2830.
Yield: 24 servings ( Serving Size: pieces )
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) creamy goat cheese spread or fresh goat cheese
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 24 slices
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped candied ginger
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese onto the end of each apple slice and then arrange on a platter. Sprinkle cheese end with pistachios and candied ginger; serve. If not serving right away, to avoid browning, toss apples with a splash of lemon juice before assembly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note