Apple Sausage Beans
This is a nice way to jazz up canned beans. From Becky Gourley: Sequim, Washington. Recipe published in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 12-ounce package(s) uncooked maple breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 28-ounce can(s) baked beans
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- • Cut sausage links into 1/2-in. pieces. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain if necessary. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- • In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, maple syrup, molasses, pie spice and nutmeg. Stir into same skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- • Add the beans, apple and apple juice mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apple is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note