I took this cocktail to a Christmas Eve party this weekend and it was a hit! I did make a few modifications though: Doubled the recipe using only 2 lbs of pink lady apples, Only used cinnamon stick (6 total), 2 naval oranges, 1 cup apple pucker (in lieu of schnapps), and used a full bottle of passionfruit, mango sparkling wine (in lieu of club soda). I let the mixture sit overnight and in the morning removed the cinnamon sticks. Then, right before the party, I removed the soaked fruit and changed out for 1 lb fresh pink lady apples and 1 naval orange in thin slices. I also added the sparkling wine right before the party. Everyone loved it and raved about the recipe - they said it tasted like a Holiday Sangria and hope that it arrives every year now on Christmas Eve! Enjoy!!
Sugary-sweet Honeycrisp apples balance the spiced wine in this festive drink. Pink Lady or Ambrosia apples—which are slow to oxidize—would make good substitutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 4mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 3 1/2 cups chopped Honeycrisp apple (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple schnapps
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large navel orange, quartered
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle fruity red wine (such as Beaujolais)
- 1/4 cup club soda, chilled, divided
- 4 thin horizontal slices cored Honeycrisp apple
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Refrigerate 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 2. Strain wine mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Pour about 2/3 cup sangria over ice in each of 4 glasses; top each serving with 1 tablespoon club soda and 1 apple slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages