Absolutely love this dish!!! Will make the again!
Apple-Sage Stuffed Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped*
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 (2-inch-thick) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup water
- Garnishes: steamed baby carrots, pearl onions, flat-leaf parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Add stuffing mix and broth; stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in sage, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and ground red pepper. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Trim excess fat from each pork chop, and cut a slit in 1 side of each chop to form a pocket. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into each pocket.
- Combine remaining 4 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub both sides of stuffed pork chops evenly with 2 tablespoons oil, and spread parsley mixture evenly over chops.
- Cook chops in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Add 1 cup water to bottom of broiler pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes