Apple Rutabaga Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) granny smith apple peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) rutabaga peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) butternut squash peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 quart(s) chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, apple, rutabaga, squash, carrots and sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- 2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- 3. Purée the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into the same pot you used to cook the vegetables. Add the cream, maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4. Return the pot to the stove, bring the soup to a simmer, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmandaSeidler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note