Apple Rutabaga Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) granny smith apple peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) rutabaga peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) butternut squash peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup(s) sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 quart(s) chicken stock
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, apple, rutabaga, squash, carrots and sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- 2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- 3. Purée the vegetables in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into the same pot you used to cook the vegetables. Add the cream, maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4. Return the pot to the stove, bring the soup to a simmer, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmandaSeidler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes