- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor until dough leaves sides of bowl. Divide dough into 8 portions, shaping each portion into a ball. Wrap separately in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a large skillet; add 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely chopped, and 1 cup sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thick and golden.
- Remove 1 dough portion, and roll into an 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with 1/4 cup of apple mixture, leaving a 2-inch circle of uncovered dough in center. Sprinkle mixture with 2 tablespoons pecans. Cut circle into 8 wedges, and roll up wedges, starting at a wide end.
- Place, pointed side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet, curving into a crescent shape. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portions, apple mixture, and pecans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each crescent.
- Bake at 375º for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note