- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor until dough leaves sides of bowl. Divide dough into 8 portions, shaping each portion into a ball. Wrap separately in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a large skillet; add 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely chopped, and 1 cup sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thick and golden.
- Remove 1 dough portion, and roll into an 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with 1/4 cup of apple mixture, leaving a 2-inch circle of uncovered dough in center. Sprinkle mixture with 2 tablespoons pecans. Cut circle into 8 wedges, and roll up wedges, starting at a wide end.
- Place, pointed side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet, curving into a crescent shape. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portions, apple mixture, and pecans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each crescent.
- Bake at 375º for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This