This was very tasty and easy to make. I didn't have time to cook the pumpkin, though, so I just left it out and added more apple. The pie dough was really easy to make with just 4 ingredients that I already had in my kitchen. Tasted lovely. Our whole family enjoyed this perfectly spiced dessert with vanilla ice cream.
Apple Pumpkin Galette
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Cool: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 174mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Half-recipe Easiest Pie Dough
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced peeled baking pumpkin or kabocha squash
- 3 large Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
- 2 tablespoons coarse decorating or turbinado sugar
- 1. Set dough on lightly floured surface and roll into a large round about 1/8 in. thick. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to fill.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375° with a rack on bottom rung. Lay pumpkin slices on a greased baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Mix apples, spices, salt, flour, both sugars, and bourbon until evenly coated. Add pumpkin and toss just to combine.
- 4. Pour apple filling into center of dough, leaving a 1 1/2-in. border. Fold edges over fruit, allowing dough to pleat as you go. Dip a pastry brush in water and brush folded edges of dough. Sprinkle edges with coarse sugar.
- 5. Bake galette until browned and bubbling, about 1 1/4 hours. Let cool before cutting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts