- Half-recipe Easiest Pie Dough
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced peeled baking pumpkin or kabocha squash
- 3 large Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
- 2 tablespoons coarse decorating or turbinado sugar
- calories 371
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 3.2 g
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- carbohydrate 70 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 174 mg
- cholesterol 24 mg
How to Make It
Set dough on lightly floured surface and roll into a large round about 1/8 in. thick. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to fill.
Preheat oven to 375° with a rack on bottom rung. Lay pumpkin slices on a greased baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
Mix apples, spices, salt, flour, both sugars, and bourbon until evenly coated. Add pumpkin and toss just to combine.
Pour apple filling into center of dough, leaving a 1 1/2-in. border. Fold edges over fruit, allowing dough to pleat as you go. Dip a pastry brush in water and brush folded edges of dough. Sprinkle edges with coarse sugar.
Bake galette until browned and bubbling, about 1 1/4 hours. Let cool before cutting.