Short Version: More pudding than cake, extremely sweet, kinda messy, very delicious! Long Version: I was looking for a recipe that'd be easy to make with a limited number of ingredients that I had lying around the house (primarily flour, brown sugar, and apples). This turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. It was a breeze to make, and the end result is outstanding. I was expecting a cake, but this is definitely a pudding. It's delicious, especially with some French Vanilla ice cream.
Apple Pudding Cake
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup hot apple cider
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, flour, and next 3 ingredients in a lightly greased 9- x 1 3/4-inch round cakepan.
- Stir together milk, oil, and vanilla; add to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar. Pour hot apple cider slowly over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top. Cool slightly, and serve with ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This