- 1 medium-size Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups just-add-water pancake-and-waffle mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups apple juice
- Ice cream (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Toss chopped apples with lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add brown sugar, stirring well to coat.
Whisk together pancake-and-waffle mix, granulated sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Fold apple mixture and any accumulated juices into batter. Spread into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
Microwave apple juice in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until boiling. Using a spoon, gently drizzle hot apple juice over batter in pan. (Some batter may float once juice is added.)
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched. Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Aunt Jemina's Original Complete Pancake And Waffle Mix.