Apple Praline Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 can(s) Granny Smith apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) nuts walnut or pecan or a combo, divided
- For the praline sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar For the praline sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed for a couple of minutes until well blended. Stop the mixer and then add in the flour, leavening agents and salt. Continue to beat on low until well combined.
- Fold in the apples and half the nuts into the batter. Transfer the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top and then press them lightly into the batter. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan for about 20-30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the praline sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, place the butter and sugar. Using medium heat, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and then simmer lightly for about on3 minute, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and then drizzle over the bread. Cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cjbluebird and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note