Apple Pot Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 medium-size cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in 1/3 cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cold water evenly over surface; stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Shape dough into a ball; chill.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll dough into an 18- x 12- inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut dough into 2-inch squares.
- 1/4 cup butter, and dough in a 3- quart saucepan. Add 2 cups water to saucepan. Cover and simmer 20 minutes; uncover and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened. Spoon hot pie into individual serving dishes, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries