Apple Pork Pie
Recipe published in Country Pork.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) shortening
- 3 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- • In a bowl, combine flour and salt; mix well. Add cheese; toss to coat. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water only until moistened. Form into a ball. Roll two-thirds of the ball into a 11-in. circle; place in a 9-in. pie pan, lining the bottom and sides. Roll remaining pastry into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Chill pastry shell and wedges while preparing filling.
- • Brown pork in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add water, onion, sage and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Combine flour and milk to form a smooth paste; gradually add to pork mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon half into prepared shell. Top with apples and sprinkle with sugar. Spoon remaining pork mixture over apples. Arrange pastry wedges on top.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until pastry is lightly browned and crisp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note