Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions, gently pressing out fold lines.
- Combine pineapple and next 3 ingredients; stir in sugar and next 3 ingredients. Spoon into prepared piecrust. Cover with remaining piecrust. Trim edges of pastry; seal edges, and crimp. Cut several slits in top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°, and bake 1 hour or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note