I was very excited to try this recipe. The first batch tasted ok. On the second batch, when it was time to refrigerate, I let it set in the fridge for a week. This gave the flavors a chance to mellow out. After a week it was as smooth as could be. I highly recommend this recipe!
Apple Pie-Infused Bourbon
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle bourbon
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a 1-qt. canning jar. Add bourbon; cover with metal lid, and screw on band. Let bourbon stand at room temperature 4 days.
- 2. Shake jar to distribute flavors. Pour bourbon mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in Simple Syrup, and pour into a clean 1-qt. canning jar or 3 to 4 small bottles. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
- TRY THIS TWIST
- Orange-, Clove-, and Cranberry-Infused Bourbon: Omit apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place 2 (2-inch) orange rind strips, 8 whole cloves, and 1 cup lightly crushed fresh or frozen cranberries in a 1-qt. canning jar. Add bourbon; cover with metal lid, and screw on band. Let bourbon stand at room temperature 4 days. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages