- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced apples, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
How to Make It
Combine sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl; stir well. Add apples and vanilla, stirring until well combined. Pour apple mixture into a greased 10- x 6- x 2- inch baking dish; set aside.
Combine remaining flour and salt, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and soda; stir well. Add butter, and stir until well blended. Crumble oat mixture over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.