Apple Pie Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 pound(s) (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
- 5 pound(s) (about 12) tart apples, such as Granny Smith
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Using an electric mixer or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture forms pea-size pieces. Press 2/3 of the mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel apples, cut into thin slices, and place in a bowl. Pour off any accumulated liquid. Toss apple slices with remaining teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice, and put them in the prepared pan, pressing down gently as you pack them in (they will mound above the edge of the pan). Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- 3. Put the pan on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and let the cake cool in the pan to set. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kekroeze and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Pie Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes