Apple Pie Bars
I made this just as the recipe called for. I could not roll out as far as I needed for the pan, but close. So when I did the top just tucked crust in around sides. I used just as many apples called for. This turned out great, I let cool overnight, cut into bars the next day, they come out of pan perfect. I took them to work and left a few at home. They were gone in minutes, everyone raved on them
- Calories: 350
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 6%
- Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Sugars: 29g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Protein: 4g
- Calcium: 2%
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/4 cups flour, divided
- 10 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced (about 9 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually add 3 cups flour, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Shape into 2 balls. Place 1 ball on large lightly floured sheet of waxed paper; flatten slightly. Cover with second floured sheet of waxed paper. Roll out dough to 15-1/2x10-1/2-inch rectangle. Discard top sheet of waxed paper.
- SPRAY 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray; invert over rolled-out dough. Flip dough and pan together. (Pan will be on bottom.) Remove second waxed paper sheet; gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pan. Toss apples with remaining flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon; spread onto bottom of crust.
- REPEAT rolling out of remaining dough ball to make second rectangle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; carefully flip dough over apples. Discard waxed paper. Tuck edges of dough down sides of pan to enclose apples. Make several slits in top crust to vent.
- BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown.
- COOL dessert 15 min. Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water. Drizzle glaze over dessert. Cool 30 min. before cutting into bars.
You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of these delicious bars.
- HOW TO MAKE FOR 8 SERVINGS
Prepare recipe as directed, cutting all ingredients in half, assembling dessert in 9-inch square pan and reducing the baking time to 30 to 35 min. or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
The dough is rolled between the sheets of waxed paper both to help prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface and to make it easier to transfer the rolled-out dough to the baking pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Pie Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Desserts