Community Recipe from
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 6 cup(s) thinly sliced pared granny smith apples
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- dash of salt
- Roll half of pastry on lightly floured surface into 11 inch circle. Use it to line 9 inch pie plate; trim edges and refrigerate. Preheat oven 425.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt and mix well. Add to sliced apples in large bowl. Turn into pastry lined pie plate, mounding high in center. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry in 11-12 inch circle. Fold edges under bottom crust. Seal by pressing with fingers and crimp decoratively. Make several slits near center for steam vents.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet in center of oven. Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kubedoo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries
More Recipes for Main Dishes