Outstanding! Love the taste and only 22 carbs.
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 16.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 22.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup measures-like-sugar calorie-free sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vanilla no-sugar-added ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over surface of mixture. Stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Shape dough into a ball. Roll into a 10-inch circle on a floured surface. Combine sweetener and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over apple, and toss.
- Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pieplate; sprinkle with lemon juice. Place pastry over apple mixture; fold edges under, and crimp. Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Serve warm. Top with ice cream, if desired (ice cream not included in analysis).
For testing, we used Splenda as the calorie-free sweetener.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts