- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Add apples. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice, and toss until coated with sugar mixture.
Spoon apple filling into prepared crust. Place remaining piecrust over filling; fold edges under, sealing to bottom crust, and crimp. Cut 4 or 5 slits in top of pie for steam to escape. Brush top crust with 1 tablespoon melted butter, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake for 1 hour or until apples are tender and crust is golden. Remove to a wire rack. Cool 1 1/2 to 2 hours before serving.