Everyone in my family LOVED these! Next time I make them, I am going to finely crush the walnuts (I used walnuts instead of pecans) and add more walnuts and raisins and brown sugar. Also, I microwaved the sweet potatoes first, then just put the toppings on top, instead of scooping out the insides, then bake it for the remaining 15 minutes.
Apple-Pecan-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes (3 1/2 lb.)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large Rome Beauty apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Heat nuts in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple and raisins; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
- 4. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop pulp into a large bowl, leaving shells intact. Add apple mixture to pulp in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon mixture into shells. Place on baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This