Apple-Pecan-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes (3 1/2 lb.)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large Rome Beauty apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.
Heat nuts in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet.
Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple and raisins; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop pulp into a large bowl, leaving shells intact. Add apple mixture to pulp in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon mixture into shells. Place on baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with nuts.