Apple-Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Sweet-tart apples, like Braeburn or Empire, pair well with Parmesan cheese here. This salad also works with Bartlett or Bosc pears and blue cheese. From Anna Russell: Peterborough, Ontario. Toasting Nuts: Toasting nuts before using them in a recipe intensifies their flavor. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Be sure to watch them carefully so they don't burn. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010.
Yield: 10 servings
Community Recipe from
- 7 cup(s) torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, apple and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes