- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 5 medium-size cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Spread butter evenly on bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Arrange pecan halves around side and on bottom of pie plate, pressing into butter layer. Sprinkle 2/3 cup sugar over pecan layer in bottom thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place pastry over sugar pecan layer, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang around edge of pie plate. Set aside.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and remaining 1/8 cup sugar; mix well. Sprinkle over apples, tossing well. Spoon apple mixture into pastry shell.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This