Ellie Krieger - Apple Pecan Muffins These muffins are unbelievably moist and tender, with just the right touch of sweetness. Each bite yields a chunk of sweet baked apple, and they have a delightfully crunchy pecan crumb topping. Yes, you have finally found ti: a truly delicious, crave-able muffin tat you can feel good about eating for breakfast.
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar - Dark plus 2 TBS firmly packed
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) whole-grain pastry or wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 whole(s) eggs - Large
- 1 cup(s) Natural unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk - low fat
- 1 whole(s) Golden Delicious apple Corded, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400f. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the pecans, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, the baking soda, and slat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 3/ cup brown sugar and the oil until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk, just until combined. Gently stir in the apple chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about two-thirds full, and sprinkle evenly with the pecan mixture. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the muffins to loosen them and unmold.
- Enjoy warm or let cool completely, before storing in an an airtight container in the re refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by success9 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note