This should only be cooked for two hours but add at least two more apples. This makes more even proportions of apple to topping. It is a nice weeknight dessert that requires little time.
More From Southern Living
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours or until apples are tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts