- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 1 (18-oz.) container regular oats
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring once.
Peel and chop apples. Spread on bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle toasted pecans over apples.
Combine oats and next 10 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Pour oat mixture evenly over apples and pecans.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 more minutes or until golden brown and set.