This is delicious! I served it with a choice of Trader Joe's Pear Champaign Vinaigrette or a homemade Orange Vinegar (Trader Joe's) and oil with additional orange juice.
Apple-Pear Salad With Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing
This salad has the perfect blend of fruit with the apples, pears, and dried cranberries. The salty cashews also balance out the sweetness. If desired, an equal amount of shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted for shaved. Top with grilled chicken and turn this salad into a main course.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package romaine lettuce, thoroughly washed
- 1 (6-oz.) block Swiss cheese, shaved
- 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1. Toss together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; serve with Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note