Apple Pancake Tier
This apple pancake recipe is especially good in the fall. Recipe published in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 6 to 7 cup(s) sliced peeled tart apples (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon
- • In a bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk. Combine flour, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Brush 3 tablespoons butter on sides and bottom of three 9-in. pie pans (using 1 tablespoon in each pan). Divide batter evenly between the pans. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- • Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Saute apples for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Drain, reserving juice. Sprinkle apples with lemon peel.
- • When pancakes are done, stack on a serving plate in this order: one pancake and a third of the apples. Repeat layers. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Pass reserved apple juice if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note