Apple Pancake Tier
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 6 to 7 cup(s) sliced peeled tart apples (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon
- • In a bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk. Combine flour, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Brush 3 tablespoons butter on sides and bottom of three 9-in. pie pans (using 1 tablespoon in each pan). Divide batter evenly between the pans. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- • Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Saute apples for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Drain, reserving juice. Sprinkle apples with lemon peel.
- • When pancakes are done, stack on a serving plate in this order: one pancake and a third of the apples. Repeat layers. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Pass reserved apple juice if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note