This was so easy to make. And it was tasty. I made it for a brunch and everyone liked it. I will try it for a dessert next time with vanilla ice cream as suggested by afoxcaintx.
Apple Oven Cake
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sweet apple such as Fuji, peeled and sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a 12-in. ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, swirling to combine. Add apple and cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl together eggs, salt, flour, and milk. Pour egg mixture into pan and bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch