- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned (not quick-cooking) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, coarsely grated (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- calories 199
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- sodium 322 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or mist with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in oats. In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, apple sauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir apples into yogurt mixture. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out muffins to rack to cool completely.
Combine cider or lemon juice and confectioners' sugar with a fork until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins and let stand until set, 15 to 20 minutes.