This is a delicious cake - worth baking if you are wanting a cake with lots of apples. I made it in a 13x9 pan because I wanted squares to take to a sports event and cooked it for 60 minutes. It came out perfectly - lots of apples! It tastes wonderful without any icing, too.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, diced cooking apple (about 3 large)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Brown Sugar Glaze
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla; fold in apple and walnuts. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack. Drizzle with warm Brown Sugar Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple-Nut Cake Recipe at a Glance