- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, diced cooking apple (about 3 large)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Brown Sugar Glaze
How to Make It
Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla; fold in apple and walnuts. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan.
Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack. Drizzle with warm Brown Sugar Glaze.