There is no amount listed for the sugar here. I am not a frequent baker but wanted to try this recipe so I just used 1 cup. Flavor was very nice. Used Honey Crisp apples. Would love to know what amount of sugar was orginally called for.
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) apple juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) apples, peeled and diced
- cinnamon-sugar as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Oil 2 12-hole muffin pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, eggs and sugar.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons flour. In a medium bowl, combine remaining flour,
- baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine apple juice and vanilla.
- Alternately add juice and flour mixtures to creamed butter mixture. Place diced apples in a large bowl, sprinkle with reserved flour and turn gently with a large spoon until apples are lightly coated. Fold apples into batter.
- Fill each muffin well ¾ full and sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar. Fill any remaining empty wells ½ full with water. Bake until muffins pull away from sides of pan and turn golden brown and crumb on sides or until tester comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes