Apple Mint Juleps
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
If bourbon is not your cup of tea, you can still experience a julep. We made the alcohol optional in this recipe; it's great both ways.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups chopped fresh mint
- 8 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup bourbon (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Tie mint in a cheesecloth bag, and place in a large saucepan. Add apple juice, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cover and cool. Chill.
- Remove and discard cheesecloth bag; stir in lime juice and, if desired, bourbon. Serve over crushed or shaved ice; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Mint Juleps Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Weddings, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living