Photo: Monica Buck; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 307mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (half of a 17.5-oz. box)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Melt butter over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbsp. sugar and maple syrup. Cook, stirring, until apples are soft but not falling apart and liquid is syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Unroll pastry; cut into 4 squares.
- 3. Place 1 piece of pastry in front of you so that a point faces you. Spoon apple mixture over half, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold over to enclose filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry pieces and apples. Place on baking sheet, brush with milk, sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts