Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 6 medium-size cooking apples (about 3 pounds), peeled
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Warm maple syrup
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Cut 3 apples in half, and slice remaining 3 apples.
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle half of mixture in bottom of piecrust, and top with apple slices. Arrange apple halves, cut sides down, on top. Combine 1/4 cup maple syrup and whipping cream; pour over apple halves. Sprinkle evenly with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream and maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts