Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh huckleberries or small fresh blueberries
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter and shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, evenly over surface; stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Shape into a ball; roll pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 6 (5-inch) circles; fit into 6 (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms. Prick bottoms of tart shells with a fork; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450º for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Sauté apples in melted butter in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes; gently stir in brown sugar. Cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is syrupy and apples are tender yet retain their shape. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared tart shells, and sprinkle with huckleberries. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This