I made this for my husband and I and didn't think it had as much flavor as you would expect. I made the full glaze for about 1 pound of salmon. Very easy and quick to prepare but needs more zip.
Apple and Horseradish-Glazed Salmon
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 375
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 36.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine apple jelly, chives, horseradish, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, and cook 3 minutes. Turn salmon over; brush with half of apple mixture. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brush with remaining apple mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This