Serve a dense, homemade slice of gingerbread topped with rich ginger-molasses whipped cream. The crystallized ginger keeps the cake extra moist.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup boiling apple cider
- Ginger-Molasses Whipped Cream
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated and brown sugars, beating well. Add egg, beating until mixture is blended.
- Add flour and next 8 ingredients; beat at medium speed until smooth. Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 3-inch squares. Serve gingerbread with Ginger-Molasses Whipped Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts