I've made this cobbler several times - for family, for friends, and for a dinner club. It has been well received every time. I do add apple pie spice to taste as the apple pie filling is cooking to give it flavor - otherwise it is very bland. Serve warm with ice cream is a must.
Whip up this top-rated dessert in a flash. The cobbler starts with gingerbread mix and apple pie filling, then calls for a few standard kitchen staples. The ingredients keep for awhile, so stock up for a batch to make when guests arrive unexpectedly.
- 1 (14-ounce) package gingerbread mix, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (21-ounce) cans apple pie filling
- Vanilla ice cream
- Stir together 2 cups gingerbread mix and 3/4 cup water until smooth; set mixture aside.
- Stir together remaining gingerbread mix and brown sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Combine apple pie filling and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon hot apple mixture evenly into a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Spoon gingerbread mixture evenly over hot apple mixture; sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note