I thought this was great considering you were using all premade ingredients. Nice to have a recipe like this where you can have everything on the shelf to be prepared at the last minute. I will make again. I did make it a couple of hours in advance and then just rewarmed in the oven - the crunchy topping stayed crisp and I was happy about that. I did find my 11 X 7 pan was quite full and overflowed in the oven. Next time I will try a slightly larger baking pan.
- 1 (14-ounce) package gingerbread mix, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (21-ounce) cans apple pie filling
- Vanilla ice cream
- Stir together 2 cups gingerbread mix and 3/4 cup water until smooth; set mixture aside.
- Stir together remaining gingerbread mix and brown sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Combine apple pie filling and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon hot apple mixture evenly into a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Spoon gingerbread mixture evenly over hot apple mixture; sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts