Went over well with all my co-workers when a I brought it for a lunch.
Apple-Ginger Spice Cake
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 1 (14.5-oz.) package gingerbread cake mix
- 1 (21-oz.) can apple pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 20 seconds; increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 3. Whisk together powdered sugar and sour cream until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie Mix and Comstock More Fruit Apple Pie Filling or Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts