Apple Fritters with Lemon Sauce
Yield: Makes 22 fritters
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 Mutsu or Crispin apples, peeled and diced*
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon Sauce
- Pulse first 5 ingredients in a food processor 5 times or until crumbly. Spoon mixture into a large bowl. Stir in apple. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry fritters, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle fritters evenly with powdered sugar; serve with Lemon Sauce.
- *3 McIntosh apples may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts