This is an old Southern recipe. From John Robbins: Springdale, Pennsylvania. Recipe published in Reminisce May/June 2001.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) whole milk
- 4 teaspoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped peeled tart apple
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter, orange juice, peel and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- • In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons into oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 2-3 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note